Tuesday 29 December 2020

A Hard Copy

Yesterday the hard copy of the Winter/Christmas 2020 edition of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine arrived! 

I was in the middle of the videochat with my Monday morning stitching group when the FedEx deliverer rang the doorbell. I got to open the box on the chat.

It took some doing to get the magazine. My friend, Francey in Colorado, ordered it for me from the Fat Quarter Shop and had it shipped to her. Shipping to me in Canada from FQS was going to cost more than the magazine! Francey then sent it to me. I'm so happy to get my hands on this particular copy with my stitching on the back cover. Teresa's pattern, Frolicking on Fern Hill,  starts on page 82.

And for those who are new to this blog, this is what the fuss is all about (the purple arrow is my addition - LOL).


Our Monday morning stitching group had a nice long chat yesterday - longer than usual. It was nice seeing what everyone's been stitching and how everyone spent their Christmas in solitude. Thank goodness for our regular chats during this pandemic,

Then at 4pm, I had a Zoom chat with Francey, Lorna, Sue and Erin, and MaryWinn. We hope to connect once a month on the second Tuesday at 3pm Eastern. 

I purchased Arne and Carlos' bonus 9 Christmas ball patterns last night and in a flurry of email deletions this morning (over 5000 dating back to 2008!), I deleted the email with the link to the pattern. I have emailed them asking for a re-send so I can put them on my hard drive.

Yesterday I made it to the liquor store to get the fizzy wine for our New Year's celebration. I was in and out of there in 5 minutes. How nice, as I expected to see many more folks out and about. Our 4 week lockdown started on Saturday at 12:01am so I guess folks have already stocked up. After picking up a couple of chopped Subway salads, I made it home after only 20 minutes out of the house.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you got your hard copy, your piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete