Tuesday 30 November 2021

Another Project Done - Many More to Go

I've been working away on my Gnome Snow Globe wool felt appliqué piece these last couple of days.

I finished it last night by sewing on the holly, buttons, and blinging it up with HotFix jewels.

I only had white micro buttons which didn't look big enough for the tops of their hats. Button down collar buttons did the trick.
Things might have gone better if I'd fused the pieces down to the background but I like the 'puffiness' when they're just basted down and just stitched around the edges. My buttonhole stitching wasn't the most consistent but this is a somewhat rustic craft so the non-machine-like imprecision doesn't really detract.
The piece is almost 5" in diameter. I have at least two more kits and a panoply of patterns from the Ornament Extravaganza book I can do. In the meantime, I push ahead with Christmas preparations.

Scooter has been abroad touring various areas of Europe while working online. Last month he decided to extend his stay an extra month until December 8 but we just got word this morning that he's coming back to Canada tomorrow. Things in England with the new Omicron virus are very uncertain right now. His father and I highly approve of his decision. We'll be glad to know he got home OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment