Friday 12 November 2021

Tiny Sweaters, etc.

I've been watching Arne and Carlos' Sit and Knit for a Bit videos on YouTube. They're getting ready for Christmas and have designed another 24 Christmas balls and 24 Advent Christmas Mini Nordic Jumpers. The patterns are for sale on their website and they'll reveal daily in December. They have released the entire 2021 Christmas ball pattern already. I spent an entire evening adapting the large ball patterns to smaller ones - the size of the mini balls from last year - using cross-stitch software. Yes, it works for knitting, too.

I liked the idea of Christmas sweaters but didn't want to get involved with knitting them. In the past, I've knit lots of Christmas balls and advent mittens.


I really enjoyed Arne and Carlos' recent video on how they met. The kickoff to their great success happened when a stylish Norwegian newscaster wore one of their sweaters on air. All of a sudden everyone wanted to know what fashion house they were from. It was surprising to know that all this talent didn't come from Oslo but a converted train station high on a mountain in central Norway. It was a very sweet and interesting episode.

On one of the Facebook knitting groups, someone posted pics of tiny Christmas sweaters they had knit. The pattern is Tiny Sweaters by Malia Mae Joseph. I was inspired and quickly knit a couple of them.
I still need to embroider on the red one and possibly create little coat hangers. It's a free pattern on Ravelry and there are others as well.

My attention span is very short these days so I appreciate being able to whip up a project quickly and move on.

I stitched last week's Steady Thread SAL flower - Dutch Iris.
I downloaded this week's last night. It's narcissus but I will stitch them like daffodils.

I was commissioned to make three project bags for Jeanette. I have one completed 

and the fabric for the second one prepped and ready to cut. 
The William Morris fabric by Moda is beautiful. I sure wish I had been aware of it last year when it was widely available. I would have bought a bunch for myself.

I installed our new Samsung TV yesterday. I can certainly understand why technophobes get so frustrated. I had to Google how to raise and lower the volume on the light-powered (solar or indoor) remote control with no number pad. I also got a couple of apps installed on it that weren't already programmed so Skip can watch The Red Zone on DAZN on Sunday afternoons for 7 hours. It's the male equivalent of 'Happy wife, happy life'. 

More has been done on Token of Fall. The greens and dark blue are silk threads. The rest are DMC.

It's another gorgeous, sunny day and I can hear a neighbour's incessant leaf-blowing. I'm going to head outside and get some Vitamin D.

Happy weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment