Sunday 21 November 2021

Hygge*

I ordered the Hygge full kit from Evertote a couple of weeks ago. It came last week.  

* Hygge [pronounced hoo-ga (with a hard 'g')] is the Danish art of coziness, health and happiness. I just checked my local library and there are several books (audio and print) on the subject.

The fabric on the project bag shows a wintery scene of Scandiavian-style houses.


The lining is starry.


The house charm was attached to the ribbon that had the contents beautifully wrapped in tissue paper. I'm using it as a zipper pull.
Caroline also includes a little pouch in coordinating fabric.
Inside, is the Moonshine Cabin pattern designed by Jacob de Graaf of Modern Folk Embroidery,

and the Leo and Roxy flosses. There is also the exclusive Hygge needle minder. The little antler floss piece is holding the little bit of red floss that is required - just not enough to warrant a whole skein.
There were several options of fabric. I chose the 36ct so I (hopefully) will only have to use 1 thread to stitch over 2. 

I will start it soon. I doubt I'll get it all stitched before the end of the year. My idea is to use my HotFix tool and adhere jewels on all the single 'star' spots.

This collaborative kit is an exclusive from Evertote. There's still time to order one. The pattern can also be ordered on its own, with or without the flosses.

Evertote's CEO, Caroline, is also the organizer of StitchNorth, a big stitching retreat that will take place next April 1 - 3, 2022 in Brampton ON. It was supposed to happen September 2020 but because of COVID, it had to be cancelled. It was hoped it could be held last April (2021) but we were still under a lot of restrictions in Ontario. We have to be double-vaxxed (and hopefully also have the booster shot) to attend and all provincial and local COVID protocols will be observed which may include wearing a mask any time we're not seated. The registration is $145CAD + tax and does not include hotel or meals other than the pizza party on the Friday night. Folks on the first waiting list got accommodated. There may be a new waiting list. Contact hannah@evertote.com if you're interested in registering.

Our embroidery guild has an ornament exchange every December. We picked the names via a secret Santa app last month. 

I've had the ornament stitched for months. Truth be told, I had several FOd ornaments to choose from. For some reason it's been bugging me that I hadn't FFOd it. Today I got it finished except for gluing the cording around the edge. Glad to have that off my list of things to do.

I have so many crafty things I want to do. Christmas is coming. The tree is going to go up at the beginning of December and all the festive decorations will follow. I have several boxes of Christmas stuff I don't even bother to put out anymore that I need to go through and set aside to donate for someone else's decorating next Christmas. Bit by bit, stuff is getting sorted and organized but I have a long way to go before I'll be finished.

On Friday Marilyn and I went over to Jeanette's to check out some of her collections (buttons, stamping supplies) and organized some of her flosses, etc. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day - so nice to spend time in person with like-minded folks. We have been meeting twice a week on Zoom for over a year but actually meeting in person was so nice.

On Tuesday morning some of us are meeting up at the Quilter's Cupboard to peruse the wool felt and fabrics. I do not need anything and have not even touched the fabrics and kits I purchased there a couple of months ago but I'm always up for crafty shopping with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment