Thursday 25 November 2021

Gnome Snow Globe

I got all the pieces cut out and tacked down yesterday. The Buttermilk Basin Ornament Extravaganza book has great instructions and recommends 3 strands of floss if perle cotton is not being used.

I'm going to baste with thread before attempting to appliqué the edges with buttonhole stitch. The only piece missing is the holly on the gold band which I'll attach later. Then I'll sew a bunch of beads as snowflakes and embroidery sprigs of foliage and detail on the trees.

Here's a better photo of the sheep ornament taken in daylight (albeit gloomy daylight).

Skip thinks the eyes (colonial knots) look menacing.

I organized a couple of cupboards today. I needed to sense some accomplishment. There is no end to things I can busy myself with and will tackle more of them with crafting as my reward.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment