Yesterday I attended the Peel Stitch-In at the Meadowvale Village Hall in Mississauga. When I arrived it was pouring rain so I sat in the car until it was finished then got in line for the 10am admission time. I spotted Clare ahead of me in line so sat with her when we got into the hall.
Also at our table were Margaret and Julia. The spot where Julia was sitting was kinda sticky so she purchased the retreat mat I had taken in case anyone wanted to buy it. I took some project bags, too, but there was a vendor there selling sewn items so put them away for another time.
I worked on the Robin Pickens Autumn Courier piece for a while
The door prizes were drawn at 2:30 and I won!! However, I'll probably give the chart away after all.
At a couple of points during our time there, we all got emergency alerts on our phones about a tornado in our general vicinity.
I looked for a basement door and found a locked one. I didn't think the 150+ year-old board and batten building would hold up well in the event of a tornado. We did have a plan to duck under our table, though.
I looked for a basement door and found a locked one. I didn't think the 150+ year-old board and batten building would hold up well in the event of a tornado. We did have a plan to duck under our table, though.
Fortunately it didn't pass near us.
I left at about 4 and had a very uneventful drive home on the $$ 407 $$.
Today, the skies are much clearer thanks to the wind shifting and coming from the southwest. I got two loads of wash out on the line.
I really like that my Wamsutta fitted sheet has these labels on the sides. I wish more manufacturers would do the same. They're so helpful for queen or king sheets.Today I had the urge to make another retreat mat in case someone from the Monday stitching group wanted one. Once again I agonized over what fabric to use from my stash that would be cute enough.
I like using the 60º lines on my cutting mat for my quilting lines. I draw one in each direction using chalk (that rubs off afterwards) then use the guide on my walking foot for the rest of the lines.
First I measure out 2 1/2" from the needle and lock the guide in place on the walking foot.
Then use the guide along the stitched line for the next one over.This saves so much time not having to draw each quilt line. Next mat, I'm going to try curvy lines.
All done!
Inside. This time I fused the magnet in place on the back of the thread bed before attaching it to the interior fabric.
Then Lorna texted me that the final FIFA game between Spain and Argentina was on. We tuned in at about minute 75 - the most exciting part of the game!
Again, the pocket was anchored by the binding and a dividing line was sewn down the middle.
Of course, I attached my 'logo' to the binding on the left.Then Lorna texted me that the final FIFA game between Spain and Argentina was on. We tuned in at about minute 75 - the most exciting part of the game!
That Argentina goalie was a beast and I kept realizing I was holding my breath but at last, Spain won! We were so happy for them. (click twice on the play triangle)
The heat wave has finally broken so I turned off the A/C, brought the clothes in from the line, and opened a bunch of windows, including the new windows that were installed last week. The fresh air smells so good. Climbing into bed with fresh linens and sleeping with the windows open is going to smell so good tonight.












No comments:
Post a Comment