Saturday, 25 July 2026

A Delivery

I was out running errands yesterday and had the opportunity to deliver Tilly to Shelley.

Can you tell Shelley likes the colour blue?

Today I've been doing odds and ends around the house - starting to make lists and set things aside for the retreat next week. Scooter is coming tomorrow and will housesit for me during my absence.

I keep finding projects to take that I can start, like a wool felt appliqué tomato pincushion project I must have picked up at the Pastime Pieces retreat. 

I also just located some upholstery fabric in the basement that would work as a backing for a needlepoint pillow I finished years ago and blocked sometime in the past year. The needlepoint was still pinned to the blocking board so I have liberated it and added it to the pile of projects to take. I will make the cording out of some cotton clothesline.
I used that upholstery fabric  years ago to re-cover the padding on an IKEA Poang bentwood armchair was in Skip's 'dowry' (items he brought into our household).

Tomorrow I'll finish packing and do some shopping for my breakfasts and lunches at the retreat. Dinner is communal and I'll take some bagged salads (not Taylor Farms, though).

I started sewing some of the Mystical Lanterns together - just for something different to do on that project. As all the outside rounds are different colours, I'm using the 'invisible' ladder stitch. 
The pattern calls for half lanterns for the top and bottom but not the sides. I'll have enough yarn to make some so will do more thinking on that.
I've made almost 130 lanterns out of the 158 called for in the pattern (excluding half lanterns). It's easy to crank out two or three in the evenings when I'm watching TV. With still having leftover yarn from the Persian Tiles blankets, I'll decide if I'll do extra columns.

With all the random colours, the needlepoint pillow and Mystical Lanterns would look quite nice together, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment