I wanted another mindless knitting project so I scrounged around in my stash for some contrasting yarn for a pair of helical socks.
Scooter housesat for me last week and has stayed on this week so we watch TV in the evenings. I crochet or knit during this time so two nights ago I cast on the socks - 72 stitches, with a 3 x1 ribbed leg; 2.5mm needles. I'll probably do afterthought heels with the black yarn as well as the toes.
I’m not sure I’ll be able to create ‘identical twin’ socks. It will depend on the striping sequence of the colourful yarn.
I continue to feel quite slothful since returning home from camp on Sunday. I have accomplished a few things, though. I got my camp laundry done, some grocery shopping, bought a new iPhone 17 Pro as my 5 year-old iPhone 12 had no more memory even after deleting a bunch of space-hogging apps. I spent the last couple of hours setting it up and still need to buy a case and screen protector for it.
I also cut out the fabric pieces from the Nicola Parkman project bag panel. I offered to make the project bags for Jeanette so we texted back and forth about some choices that need to be made. We have settled on this (there were three options for the fabric above the zipper above the floral fabric).
Out in the garden the sunflower has continued to grow taller and has bloomed. The first photo was taken on August 12 and the second one, today.
I need to remember to plant more next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment