After cutting out the project bag pieces yesterday, I sewed the first one together today. Everything went together well except for my bonehead move attaching the back wrong way around - with the lining on the outside. No big deal as I had just basted around the edges with a narrow zigzag stitch - easily taken out with my seam ripper.
I like to baste with a zigzag stitch before attaching the binding. Things just go a lot smoother that way.
I'm leaving the hand-sewing of the binding onto the back for Jeanette to do. I just have it pinned in place on the back for these photos.
This was to commemorate the big stitching event in Swindon UK last summer, attended by Jen1, Barb, Jeanette, Yvonne, and Victoria.
The lining fabric is very cute - little houses.
The fabric for the back is the same as around the panel on the front.
Scooter and I tried out the new Mexican restaurant in downtown Oshawa for supper this evening. Cactus Cocina Mexicana .
Scooter had a chicken chimichanga,
and I had carne asada tacos.
It tasted very authentic and yummy. I would definitely dine there again.
I did a bit more knitting on the helix sock last night.
The cuff will be 8" long before I insert the waste yarn for the afterthought heel.
I'm also very intrigued with the Sophie scarf.
Basically you weigh your ball of yarn, cast on and knit garter stitch with i-cord edges, increasing every 8 rows until half the yarn is used up, then decrease every 8 rows until back down to the number of stitches you cast on.
It can be wrapped several times around your neck.



No comments:
Post a Comment