Wednesday 8 July 2009

Leaf and Nupp Shawl

Today I got the Leaf and Nupp Shawl blocked. It ended up being 19" x 66".

















I cast on the Triangular Scarf in Leaf Pattern from Nancy Bush's "Knitted Lace of Estonia" - my current favourite knitting book. This is the 7th pattern I've knit from this wonderful book containing 14 project patterns plus additional stitch and border patterns. I'm using laceweight Shetland wool in 'peacock' colourway.
















Progress is being made on the Charade socks with the lovely, squishy Misti Alpaca sock yarn - 50% alpaca, 30% merino wool, 10% silk, 10% nylon. I'm on the home stretch of the first sock.



I deviated from the pattern by using my favourite 'eye of partridge' heel. I love the look of it when using hand dyed or other multicoloured yarn.









Here's the EOP pattern:

Row 1 - (sl1, K1) to end of row, turn
Row 2 - sl1, purl to end of row, turn
Row 3 - sl1, (sl 1, K1) to end of row, turn
Row 4 - sl1, purl to end of row, turn

Repeat these 4 rows until heel flap is the length you want.

1 comment:

  1. hi, beautiful knitting here! i hope you don't mind -- i linked my blog to this post (without asking -- sorry! i'll be happy to remove it if you don't want it there). i used the lovely leaf lace pattern from nancy bush's book in a sweater, but wanted to illustrate how pretty it looks knit up "properly" ;-). and there you are!

    here's the link: http://sofairahouse.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-like-knitting-that-jack-built.html

    ReplyDelete