Friday 22 January 2010

2 Great Things

Great thing, the first:

Last night I went to my monthly embroidery guild meeting. I usually stop by the coffee shop and get a latte before the meeting gets underway. When I went to pay, the barista informed me that according to my loyalty card, this latte was free. YAY! On closer inspection of my loyalty card, she said I also qualified for a second  free latte so I guess I'll have it next time I'm at the library.

Great thing, the second:

I then sat down at the meeting and opened up my needlework bag and started pulling out projects and tools and what did I find? MY MITTENS I THOUGHT I HAD LOST!! My moose mittens were there! And they'd been there since December 16. YAY! I don't have to knit them again.

Let's have another look at them, shall we? 




 I love it when I find stuff I've misplaced.

And, of course, a not-so-good thing:

I did some stitching on the hardanger project I started back in November. Unfortunately, red fibres from the jacket I was wearing were getting mixed into the bright, white threads of the project and I think I'm going to have to pick the stitches out and re-do them. Sigh.

Lesson learned: Don't do needlework when you have something on that is shedding fibres.

I finished the body of my cardigan and have about half of the first sleeve done. I'll take some pics tomorrow with some natural light. The stocking stitch above the fair isle bands is not as mind-numbing as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful mittens. I luv the red colour on the bottom. Aren't you thrilled that you found them!

    ReplyDelete