Tuesday 12 January 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words



Je déteste l'hiver!*

On a happier note...

Yesterday, I had a delightful time at the library sitting and knitting. I also took some photos of the display that is up this month of the Durham Hand Knitting Guild.

 On the top shelf is draped my lavender-coloured Lace and Ribbon scarf. Two shelves down is my Madli's  scarf, my blue Blossom Diamond scarf and papaya-coloured Peacock Tail and Leaf scarf.

And beneath the scarf is my pair of Charade socks lying on my Angel Lace shawl and under the red arrow is a pair of my Selbu mittens.

I keep forgetting that there's a Sit 'n Knit at Kniterary on Wednesday afternoons. I'm going to drop in tomorrow. Maybe the yarn for my cardigan will be in?

*I hate winter!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Geri, Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. You have some gorgeous knitting there!! And I absolutely love the Selbu mittens. It appears that you also have Knitted Lace of Estonia.

    My little mittens, btw, are from Selbuvotter, Terri Shea's book. Isn't it a great book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful knitting Geri...I luv them all :) I still have to get started on my Estonian Lace project.

    ReplyDelete