Friday 23 December 2011

Capybara Scarf Completed

I blocked the scarf the night before last and gave it two nights to dry. You don't really even sew in the ends, just make sure the yarn ends are anchored and then with a needle put the end between the two sides of the scarf.

Here's the black side.

And its identical twin, the red side.
Only the most discerning eye would be able to detect where I grafted the two pieces together after reknitting this capybara.
I was quite impressed how this sock yarn knit up on 3.5mm needles. The fabric of the scarf is nice and drapey and is a warm double thickness. All that scarf and I only used one 50g skein of sock yarn  of each colour.
To recap - once I had completed the two-colour capybara design, to speed things up, I put all the black sts on one circular needle and all the red sts on another then worked stocking stitch on both needles, twisting the two colours around each other each time both yarns were on a side. 

I'd like to knit one of these (with another design, that is) for myself! Maybe a graphic of a ball of yarn and some knitting needles?

Thank you, Alasdair Post-Quinn, for your very cool double-knit pattern.

BTW, this is my 700th post on this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Great success! Much applause from someone who loves all South American animals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cuties on that scarf! Love the reversible bonus!! Bravo for your cleverness!!!!

    ReplyDelete