Sunday 18 December 2011

Crafting Crunch

It has been a busy week. It was Scooter's birthday on Monday and Skip's on Tuesday. Skip and I spent Sunday and Monday nights in The Big City. The first night was with a Groupon deal that I found at the Delta Chelsea. We were underwhelmed. It is a nice hotel but the room was no better than one we'd find at a Quality Inn and they charge $13.95 for WiFi! I hate it when expensive hotels nickel and dime me. I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price.

The next night I booked us into the Hotel Victoria on Yonge St. between Wellington and King. It is a boutique hotel over 100 years old. It was lovely. Our room was urban chic with FREE WIFI!! Yay! And we were given breakfast vouchers totalling $24 with adequately covered our morning nutritional needs. Because we were in the city, we met Scooter for his birthday dinner in the neighbourhood where he lives with his mother. We had a very nice time at his favourite restaurant, Queen's Pasta.

I also spent a couple of hours at Romni Wools and bought some red and white Lanett yarn to make a Christmas gift for our Christmas Eve party hostess, some Rios for a friend to give to her daughter who knits, some understated sock yarn for me 

and some Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3ply that matches the Malabrigo sock yarn with which I'm knitting my Maia Shawl. My plan is to knit some handwarmers for myself.

Skip and I also poked around the Eaton Centre. I really liked the enormous reindeer sculptures.
In this closeup, you can see the lights wrapped around the curly metal frame and the many colours of stars hanging inside the body.


I also like to take photos of the Swarovski tree with its more than 44,000 crystal ornaments. This photo does not do it justice.
We returned home on Tuesday afternoon and had a nap! 

Wednesday I knit with my 'peeps' in the afternoon and Thursday I met with my monthly knitting group at the tea shop for lunch. I skipped my knitting group that night to do some more crafting. I made a couple more reversible project bags. This one isn't very colourful but it has a ewe and a lamb on it.
I decided to go with the companion fabric for the other side.

I really liked this multicoloured yellow fabric

and found striking taffeta fabric to coordinate.

Today, I made 4 sets of stitch markers using 9mm jump rings.
I finished two commissioned pieces. One was a shawl that just needed casting off, the border knit and attached and the whole thing blocked. The other involved knitting the remaining 80% of a lace scarf and blocking it.

I have Joseph's capybara scarf and the Nordic Christmas ornament to finish. 7 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. the stitch markers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are really getting alot done Geri :-)
    The Eaton's centre looks like a wonderful place to go...I've never been there.
    Happy Holidays to you and your family Geri!!

    ReplyDelete