Monday 14 May 2012

Finishing More UFOs

I'm forever sorting through the piles of paper (bills, patterns, recipes, etc.) on my desk and recently unearthed several UFOs. I finished the little flowerpot pin cushion the other day.

It was a 'make and take' project we did at the April meeting of the Trillium Embroidery Guild. It was designed by one of our guild members, Carol Arsenault, whose designs are featured in many stitching magazines around the world. This project is the embroidery project that appears on the cover of the current A Needle Pulling Thread magazine.

I had finished all the stitching which consisted of French and Colonial knots so I just needed to fill the flowerpot with fibrefill and glue the 'posies' to the top of the pot. It took about 5 minutes to finish it.

I also finally blocked the Shaun the Sheep project this morning. I modified the pattern somewhat from the original.

Here, you better can see the texture of the white yarn. It was a pain to work with but yielded the desired effect. I had the googly eyes left over from another project.
I'm going to use this fabric for the lining.

The bottom of the knitted piece will fold up and I'll add a zipper and lining and sew up the sides. I think it will look very spiffy once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment