Thursday 31 May 2012

Homecraft

Well, I'm doing it again. I'm entering some of my knitted projects for judging in the "Homecraft" division of the 2012 Brooklin Spring Fair this weekend.

In other years, some of the judging has been somewhat, shall we say... ridiculous. However, my ego won't let me take a pass. I wasn't really that inspired this year and only have 1 item that I really feel should win first place. But who knows?

For example,two years ago, this worsted weight toque
took first place over my fingering weight, stranded, 4-colour alpaca tam.


And these sweaters,
placed first and second over the stranded Dale of Norway St. Moritz sweater I entered.
I guess I enter my items more for my amusement than anything else.

Anyway, here are this year's entries. My Sheep Heid in the Adult Hat category.
A baby carriage blanket - 24" x24"
These stranded Adult Mitts of my own design based on Norwegian Selbu patterns and in the Seniors class (over 55).
I also submitted my Chrysanthemum Mitts in the general Mitts class.
At the last minute, I threw in these socks for the Senior Socks category. They're my own design, based on Fiona Ellis' "Practice Makes Perfect" design.

And for the Any Item Not Mentioned - Knit category, I submitted my Haruni shawl knit with SeaCell yarn I hand-painted myself.
My friend, Mo is submitting her Seasons of Persephone shawl into the same category. I'm sure she'll beat me out. But hopefully, I'll get second (unless someone beats me with a worsted weight acrylic blanket or some such thing - meow). 
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you have to wonder who is doing the judging....do they ever knit?!?!?!?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete