Sunday 7 April 2013

Intertwined Socks

I just noticed that my last post was my 800th since I started this blog in May of 2007. Wow!

I haven't been posting as frequently because I haven't been doing quite as much knitting and I haven't been doing much other than recover from our drive back from Florida.

Last night during the Louisville/Wichita State game I finished the second pair of Intertwined socks.
This is the side of the leg. Extra stitches can be added to make a wider leg if necessary.
And here it is from the front.
This Malabrigo superwash sock yarn doesn't have any nylon in it. It's 100% merino. I sure hope the socks don't wear out after only a few wearings.
I haven't done much more work on the Happenstance shawl. Since I have an extra skein of yarn, I'll do at least one more repeat of the pattern before doing the lacy border.

I have a hankering to do the Bias 'Before and After' Scarf by Churchmouse Classics. I have a yummy skein of Classic Elite Yarns Silky Alpaca Lace that would work nicely.

I also saw the Seaweed Scarf at the A Good Yarn yarn shop in Sarasota and remembered I had the pattern at home. However, I'd like to modify by doing it as a semicircular shawl with the Seaweed Scarf ruffled edge.

Maureen Foulds has a new pattern in her collection, Rib and Braid Socks. She has another in the testing phase. I've been so inspired to knit her designs. Because Maureen is a technical writer by day, she creates very easy-to-read patterns. They are also very adaptable to different sizes.

Now I need to decide what project I'll start next...

No comments:

Post a Comment