Sunday 14 April 2013

The Gathering 2013

I attended The Gathering in Port Hope yesterday. It was a day of spinning and shopping for fibrey things. There were probably 100 of us in attendance. I took a couple of photos early on before the place was full but you get the idea of the size of the space.
Lots and lots of spinning wheels.
I purchased a couple of skeins of sparkly sock yarn from Yvieknits.
I also grabbed a beautiful skein of fingering weight mohair/merino blend 2ply for a shawlette or lacy scarf of some kind from Wellington Fibres.
Their rovings and fibres are lovely but I'm really trying to spin down what I have.

Then I went over to The Black Lamb and paid a visit to Laurie.  I would like to do a two-colour shawl and selected these skeins of City Silk - 50/50 superwash merino and tussah silk.
At the Gathering I worked on finishing up the plying of the half pound (220g) of merino roving. I got the rest done after I got home last night. 720 yards of fingering weight for some project or other.
Back at home, I got a couple of photos of the finished paint job in our bedroom. It has been overcast for days so the light is really crappy but here goes. Pepto-Bismol has been neutralized.
Now I need to 'dress' the room with a headboard, curtains and a couple pictures for the walls. For now, I'm loving the serenity of it all.


2 comments:

  1. What shade is that? Would it be Monroe Bisque!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you enjoy knitting with the sparkly sock yarn you purchased from me at The Gathering. You took beautiful pictures of the skeins.

    Yvie

    ReplyDelete