Friday 12 April 2013

The Dead of Spring

The weather here has been craptastic this week. Cold and now wet. Yesterday it snowed!!! (Yes, even in southern Ontario, Canada, it is unusual for it to snow at this time of the year). We got about 4cm of the stuff. (the 'hummingbird' is part of the crook holding the feeder)
At least this time of year, we know it's not going to last.

Then last night we had freezing rain. Fortunately not that much but frankly, I'm really tired of the overcast skies. This photo (through a screen) is the view in front of our house this morning. Ugh!

This morning our painter, Jennifer, a former student, arrived to paint our bedroom. We have lived here for 16 years and never had painted our bedroom! I think we just had too much furniture to move and it was just never a priority. Anyway, the prep took all day yesterday: moving furniture, vacuuming the carpet where the furniture was, buying the paint, stripping the border, washing the walls where the border was, patching the nail holes, priming the patches and vacuuming again.

Here are a couple of photos before Jennifer started this morning. I didn't realize how Pepto-Bismol pink the walls were until I moved all the furniture.
It's going to look SO much better.

I'm at a crossroads with my knitting right now. I have the urge to start a new project but I can't decide what to do. I have some UFOs I could continue with also. Ah, decisions, decisions.

1 comment: