Monday 30 September 2013

Brigit

I've been in a real sock knitting mode lately. I guess I just want a couple of small projects after finishing the Rams and Yowes blanket.

Last year when I was visiting relatives in New Brunswick, I had a chance to drop into the Moncton location of Cricket Cove to check out their yarn selection. At that time, I purchased a ball of Opal Vincent Van Gogh sock yarn in the 'Starry Night' (Nach) colourway. I had started a 2x2 ribbed sock but wanted something interesting to break up the ribbing monotony.

I like my sock cuffs to be within the 64 - 72 stitch range and Brigit fit the bill. It isn't mindless knitting - I do have to do 1x1 cables every other row and work stitches as presented on the in-between rows, but it's knitting up quickly. I have knit the leg of one sock and am ready to start the heel.
Brigit using the 'Starry Night' colourway
My new, favourite short-row heel is the Shadow Wrap heel. Once I get to the foot, I will decide if I'll decrease to 72 stitches as were in the leg or a few more stitches so the foot isn't too loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment