Friday 13 September 2013

Handspun

Last time I was at The Black Lamb in Port Hope, I purchased Laurie's last skein of overdyed merino superwash pencil roving. I believe it initially had been dyed creamsicle orange and bubblegum pink and then was overdyed to these beautiful rich jewel tones. (I can't seem to find a photo of it)

I've been plugging away at it for the last month or so. Isn't it gorgeous!?
It was spinning up into nice bands of colour.
I would have chain-plied it to maintain the colour integrity but wanted the yardage so 2-plied it instead.

I finished spinning it a couple of weeks ago and finished plying it on Monday night at spinning.
It yielded 502 yards. Plenty of yarn to do a decently sized shawl.
I struggled with lighting. This is flourescent light, indoors at night.
This is outdoors in shade.

You get the idea.

Now to find the perfect shawl pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment