Sunday 11 May 2014

Linen Stitch Scarf - Part II and a Fine Day Out

I finished the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf. Yay!
Initially I would get confused about what side I was working on. The stranded side is the right side.
The bumpy side is the wrong side. They both look nice.
I want to redo tying the fringe - using 4 strands instead of the three I did. Tina from Soper Creek Yarn did a twisty thing with the strands and made a really nice fringe. I want to emulate that.

While I was at Soper Creek Yarn a couple of weeks ago, I bought a skein of Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk Hand Paint yarn.
I started another Linen Stitch scarf and have about 3" of the 5" width completed. See the distinct difference between the 'right; and 'wrong' sides?
This yarn is a wee bit thicker than the Koigu yarn I used on the other scarf so I only cast on 400 sts.

Last Saturday, Jennifer, Donna, and I went to Port Hope to attend The Gathering -  big spinning event at the Town Recreation Centre.

I didn't get great photos but this will give an idea of the event.
There were a lot of spinning wheels there but most people were shopping at the merchant tables or chatting. The snacks and coffee were free.
We could have had lunch there ($5 burgers or chili) but we opted to go to Basil's Market and Deli just a block away from The Black Lamb.

After lunch we visited Laurie at The Black Lamb then moved on to Soper Creek Yarn. All in all we enjoyed our road trip. It was a fine day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment