Tuesday 5 May 2015

Cormo Handspun

At the 2010 New York Sheep and Wool Festival (at Rhinebeck), I purchased many things - one of which was some lovely cormo top. Cormo sheep are a cross between corriedale and merino - creating a very soft fibre. It is pictured here with a little (19g) Jenkins Turkish spindle that I also purchased on this spree.
On Monday, I finished plying the yarn.
I was pleased that I got 410 yards out of the 93g. I had spun some of the fibre with two different drop spindles so they were quite different weights from this spun on my Ashford Joy.
It wasn't the most consistent spinning and plying but I really like the tonal result and how thin I was able to spin it.
Now... what should I spin with it?

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! When in doubt, when I want a yarn to take centre stage, I go for Stephen West's Boneyard shawl....you can knit until you run out of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Anne!

    ReplyDelete