Sunday 21 June 2020

An FFO (Fully Finished Object)!

I've had the stitching and beading done on this Mill Hill Buttons and Beads (2017 Spring Series - Goldfinch) project done for a long time.
I swapped out the perforated paper for linen dyed the exact same colour and thread count (28). Then it sat and sat, waiting for me fully finish it.

Finally, today, with a desire to actually finish something, I got the foamcore and batting cut and laced the piece to it. I did a snug lacing using dental floss. I did quite a quickie job of this spacing so the lacing quite far apart.

I added little bumper squares on the corners of the frame so the wall wouldn't get marked.
I popped the piece into the frame. Friction is holding it into place so I can pop it out in the fall and insert my autumnal pieces. The whole thing took me about 10 minutes.
The American Goldfinch is a bird that frequents my feeders so I was particularly drawn to this project. I gave the perforated paper to Marilyn and she stitched her own goldfinch and used beads she already had in her stash. She finished hers a couple of years ago.

Mine now hangs in the front hall of the house where I hang my seasonal pieces.
I have another summery one from Lizzie Kate that I need to locate and get FFOd as well.

Not a lot new has happened since my last post. The days blend into each other. My regular videochats with various crafty groups add structure to my week. In between calls, I am beavering away on the Teresa Kogut piece which I hope to finish by the end of June and get it off to her as she wants to release it in the fall.

Today is Father's Day. Tomorrow will mark 53 years since my father died as a result of injuries from a car accident 12 days earlier. The guy who hit him had bald tires and t-boned him while hydroplaning on the wet road. Dad was quite a character and although I only had his direct influence for 13 years, I do have a lot of his traits. I sure wish he could have seen me into adulthood.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. You have a bigger influence on your children than you can even imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment