Thursday 25 June 2020

A Rare Patriotic Project

This time of year, we see a lot of July 4th projects in the cross stitch world. Rarely do we see a Canada Day project or even a conversion from the American projects. However I saw a fun Canadian conversion on a Facebook page or other and quickly purchased the .pdf file of the pattern.

July 1 by Shannon Christine Designs
July1st.jpg
I had all the threads in my stash but was missing DMC 3801 and on a trip to Michaels, noted they were out of it, too. So I substituted DMC 666 for it and it's working quite well.
The fabric is a remnant that I had picked up at Gitta's on our road trip a year ago spring. The pattern didn't call for a specific colour so I just copied the grey background. This is 32ct Pearl Grey Belfast Linen. I substituted a Rhodes star for one of the cross stitch stars. Like my needle minder? I made a bunch of them last year and our guild made some, too.

I've made several counting mistakes and have ripped out and redone bits here and there. I've decided to change the banner across the top to "Happy Canada Day!"

While at Michaels, I purchased the white frame it will go into when I'm done stitching.

I had to consult with Teresa about one of the colours in the lady's dress in the sampler model  I'm stitching for her. The correction has been noted and I'll be finishing up that project by the end of the weekend so I can send it off to her. It will very much appeal to folks who love prim themes and colours. She hopes to release it in the fall.

I've been watching some good real crime/detective/reporter series on Netflix. If that's your 'bag' check out Lenox Hill, Athlete A, and How to Fix a Drug Scandal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment