Monday 21 June 2021

2 For Me

Since I had the dining room set up for sewing again (aka Geri's Sweatshop) and inspired by the 4 bags I made for Jeanette, I thought I'd make myself a couple of them, too. 

I have tons of fabrics in my stash for the outside of the bags but always struggle to find the appropriate fabric for the lining.

I bought this fat quarter last week at Fabricland and modified my pattern to work with it. It just means the bag is a little shorter. I could make a bigger vinyl window to compensate for the shorter fabric.

I have several different Peanuts patterns and snapped up the nifty lining fabric  - enough to line at least 4 bags.
A lot of folks are making project bags with vinyl for the entire front. 
I prefer mine because the bottom can expand a bit with all the stitching items and because of the vinyl window, I can see what is in there. But that's just me.

I'm going to have a look at my Pinterest saves and see what other fun things I can sew.

I don't think I'll get my Starburst Canadian Flag project done in time for Canada Day because I keep doing other crafty things. A couple of us are going to do Christmas in July. I have set aside a couple of Christmassy patterns that I'd like to stitch next month. 

In the meantime, I keep rotating among my various UFOs and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment