Sunday 6 June 2021

Week 23

I just finished this week's (23) blackwork stitchalong pattern - Ranunculus  (top right) I used variegated DMC 48. The centre pattern was last week's Irish bells that I put in a different place than called for.

I just thought the left side needed a splash of green.


I'm really enjoying doing this stitchalong. It's going to take us into December to finish. I'm not sure how I will display it, if I decide to. But it's been fun waiting for each new installment to come out every Friday. All the charts are available for free on the Steady Thread Blackwork SAL group on Facebook. Look in the 'Files' section at the top and it's all there.

I haven't done much on Strawberry Thief but I have a Zoom chat this afternoon with my stitcherly friends so will continue to plug away on it.

I'm looking forward to the flag of Canada star stitchery pattern which is making its way to me in the mail. 
I hope it doesn't take over 3 weeks like my watchband did.

Skip had a checkup in The Big City on Thursday and the healing after the surgery a month ago is going well. We go back in 2 weeks for another followup visit. Homecare nurses are coming daily to take care of his post surgical needs.

Totally by luck I checked our health unit's COVID vaccination page and found out they're giving the 2nd vaccine to anyone who got their first shot before April 19. My first shot was April 6 so and Skip's was in March so I got right on there and signed Skip up for next Wednesday before I remembered that I had 2 things going on at the same time. I didn't reschedule his appointment so he'll have to manage on his own. My appointment is for Thursday night. It's going to be so nice to have a bit more freedom once fully vaccinated. One protocol Ontarians have been told to observe after the 2nd shot is to observe two out of the following 3 things: be outdoors, wear a mask, and social distance. So if I'm outside and wear a mask, I can hug people (if they're OK with that) and are also masked. I'm very happy our restrictions are being slowly lifted. Our region is having good results with the latest lockdown. We just can't open up too fast until a much higher percentage of us are vaccinated with the second shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment