Sunday 24 September 2023

More Stitching on My Denim Shirt

I wanted to add some more stitching to the yoke of my denim shirt. I bought yet another pattern from and Etsy vendor.

Instead of daisies, my plan was to stitch echinacea. I knew the changes would be easy to execute.


They worked out well. It doesn't matter that the printer printed the daisies. I knew when I wash away the water soluble stabilizer, the echinacea will remain.

I changed the colour of the forget-me-nots to contrast a bit better with the blue of the denim.

Most of the stems were supposed to be split stitch but I really like the look of whipped backstitching.
I thought the recommended colour of the poppy needed to be redder. I checked the colours of another poppy piece I had stitched, and used them.
I've heard a lot about short and long stitching. Some folks hate doing it. But I rather enjoyed doing it and the overall effect.
The lavender was supposed to be done with bullion stitches but I chose to do lazy daisy stitches. I could have also used closed fly stitches.
I used two different techniques for the butterfly bodies, then tackled the long and short stitches on the wings. I could see where I could add a couple of one strand French knots on the lower wings.

I also needed to add the brown on the tops of the wings and I was done.

I just finished washing off the stabilizer and look forward to it being dry and pressed. 

The next morning...



I'm trying to decide on a sunflower pattern on the other side of the centre motif. More research is needed.

Next week will be busy including a couple fun outings with Jen1. It's always nice to have something to look forward to. My friends are the best.

3 comments:

  1. Geri that is beautiful! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking really great Geri! ❤️Poppy

    ReplyDelete