Monday 11 September 2023

Sunflower Sewing Pouch

I started the Sunflower Sewing Pouch last night, a Durene Jones pattern from her Etsy shop. The pattern calls for 25ct linen.

I used the same fabric as the scissor case, 28ct tea dyed linen from Charles Craft that you can get in the tubes at Michaels. I also already had all the required threads from the scissor case project and am stitching 2 over 2. The perle cotton looks a bit lumpy on the smaller count fabric but looking at the scissor case ( a couple of photos below), it looks good once FFOd. 

I kept making counting mistakes when doing the Kloster blocks and other Hardanger motifs with the #5 Perle cotton but finally got it all sorted out. 

This is what the inside of the pouch will look like. If I do the eyelets, I won't pull so tight as to leave big holes. 
I used HotFix 'jewels' on my scissor case instead of the eyelets. But there would be WAY too many if I used them on all the eyelet spots on the pouch.

Going back to the scissor case, I got the snap fastener sewn on. The metal dome fasteners in my stash were quite large so I used these smaller, white plastic ones. love this yellow fabric and think it will look very spiffy lining the sewing pouch.

I keep finding projects with only an hour or two of work necessary to finish them. 

All my stitching homies are back from the EGA Seminar in Boston. Even though I don't see them all that frequently (except Barb at Monday morning stitching), I missed them while they were gone. They did keep in touch though, via text, email, and some photos while they were gone. I hadn't planned to attend in the first place but I did feel included. It's good to have them back. I look forward to seeing them all at our guild meeting next week and hopefully some of the projects they worked on in their classes. I don't think I'll have my sunflower sewing pouch ready for Show and Share but I'll probably take the scissor case in.

No comments:

Post a Comment