Monday 5 February 2024

A Lot Can Be Accomplished on a Stitching Day

This year my guild has implemented a fun stitching day every first Saturday of the month. 19 of us showed up last Saturday! One group spent the entire day on Barbara Kershaw's Schwalm piece. I'm sure they were exhausted after all the intensive work.

I took several projects but really was motivated to get lot done on my Live on Little piece. The light is so good in that room I didn't even need my lamp.

I had done a lot of the green of the border the previous couple of days but finished the flowers for what border had been completed, then did a lot on the grass at the bottom, and the first word in the saying. The rest of the weekend I finished some of the windows and started the doors. 

I had planned to fill in the windows at stitching today but started in on the water below the grass instead. 
I'm really close to being able to start some of the nautical motifs at the bottom.

In the evenings when I'm watching TV with Skip or when my eyes are too tired to stitch, I keep working on my scrap blanket. I found more acrylic worsted yarn in the basement - some of which was from Skip's mother's stash. I'm at the part where I am decreasing on one side and increasing on the other to make a fringe-less section, adding length to the blanket.

It's going to be at least 12" (30cm) longer than it is wider. Once I have this part as long as I want it, I'll start another fringed triangle which, when finished, will get grafted onto this piece. I don't have a long enough circular needle so the stitches are bunched up. This Aero circular needle has a very annoying, stiff, loopy cable. I may switch to an interchangeable circular needle with a longer cable. The only issue with that is if there is any 'catch' when pushing stitches back onto the needle after turning the work over to knit on the return row. 

This will be a somewhat busy week. Skip is having a tooth extracted tomorrow and I have a dental cleaning on Wednesday. Skip is going out for dinner with a couple of friends on Wednesday night and the two of us are meeting friends for breakfast on Friday morning. In between bursts of activity we are being very lazy and doing a lot of napping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment