Tuesday 27 February 2024

Enjoying Fabulous February Weather

This has been the best winter to get stuck in the north. We've had record-breaking temperatures - into the teens! 

Yesterday Skip and I ventured down Hall's Road to see what we could see. Chickadees were out and I saw a red-bellied woodpecker. The red squirrel was not afraid of us at all. It knows we humans leave food for them.

A little while later we saw one at another feeder. They are so cute!
A bunch of tick bearing white-tailed deer crossed our path. There were about 10 in the group.

Back at home, I finished my worsted weight Excavation blanket. Now I need to twist the fringes. It's about 3 feet wide and 4 feet long - nice and cozy and squishy.

I'm crocheting another blanket. 7" x 7" squares, alternating darks and lights. I'm doing six, 8 block strips and will sew the sides together to create a checkerboard pattern. Crocheting should use up a lot of my remaining acrylic worsted yarn.

This week was the Trillium Embroidery Guild meeting for February. Highlights are outlined here. It was the kickoff to the Round Robin with 11 participants, and Marilyn's introduction to wool felt appliqué. This Saturday is our monthly stitch day from 10 - 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment