Friday 2 February 2024

Sampler House

A couple of weeks ago on a Thursday, I got a text from Lori at Pansy Patch Quilts & Stitchery asking if I could stitch a model for her with a quick turnaround. It wasn't a very big piece, I had a stitching day planned for that weekend, and was free a couple of other days around it so I agreed to do it.

We met at a location equidistant between our homes the next day. I stitched that evening after supper, most of the next day, Sunday at my stitching day, and finished it up on Monday evening. Lori and I met again the following Saturday for the handoff.

She fashioned it into a pillow as are the others in the series. It has just been revealed to the public and will be released the first weekend in March at the 2024 Needlework trade show in Nashville TN. Today she posted the finished item in Instagram.

Sampler House from the series, Houses on Wisteria Lane.

Lori is, first and foremost, a quilter so a distinctive feature of her cross stitch patterns is an iconic quilt block - often on the door. In this case it is the churn dash block.

It was a pretty fun stitch and made up pretty quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment