Friday 30 August 2013

Kandahar

I have been working on the Kandahar socks from Alice Yu's "Socktopus: 17 Pairs of Socks Worth Showing Off".  I'm using the Tidal Wave colourway from Sweet Sheep - a skein in my stash that I picked up several years ago at a WWKIP event. 

I like the way the pattern flows from the 2 x 2 ribbing. 
The swirling pattern is so easy, it almost knits itself. The instructions are very clear but if you're going to knit these socks, make sure you check the errata here.
There is even a chart for the heel flap where the ribbing continues to the heel.
Here's a rear view.

The instep pattern continues right to the toe.
These socks practically knit themselves! I will probably finish the second one this weekend. A pair of socks in one week!? Amazing.
Once I get these done, I'll start picking up the border stitches around the Rams and Yowes blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment