Friday 23 August 2013

Pavillion Sock

I finished my first Pavillion sock.
I enjoyed having only to knit and purl to create the textured fabric.
I'm still thrilled about how well the Fish Lips Kiss heel worked out.
I'm about 10 rows away on the second sock from starting the stocking stitch heel stitches before starting the FLK heel on the second sock. Wheeee!

Last Monday at our spinning group (we welcome any and all interested new people who would like to sit and spin or knit and chat about knitterly and spinnerly things), we were talking about double knitting. Jennifer was interested in learning how to do it and just happened to have two contrasting yarns in her car. With a minimum of instruction, she quickly picked up the technique and started knitting her beginning swatch. We needed to find a better cast on so the end would look like a tubular cast on.

Today on Pinterest, I found a couple of videos on the 'Christina Creating' blog which had what looks like the perfect double knitting cast on for our purposes. I hope to knit a swatch to try it out. In the meantime, I think Jennifer is beavering away double knitting so she can 'show and tell' on Monday. I was very fortunate to have been taught the technique by Lucy Neatby at the first KnitEast in 2011 (name dropper that I am - wink, wink).

On Monday, Donna and I are having a dye day. I bought a new hotplate for steaming our hand-painted yarn so I don't have to worry about running out of propane on the camp stove. I am considering doing some immersion dyeing as well so I may end up using the camp stove after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment