Thursday 7 February 2019

Flosstube

I have recently become very enthralled with Flosstube videos - videos about stitching on YouTube. I get to see so many projects that others are undertaking or have completed. Some of the Flosstubers are quite well-known designers and others are just regular folks who enjoy stitching and sharing their enthusiasm.

I take notes during much of the WIP parade (Works In Progress) and FOs (Finished Objects) and FFOs (Fully Finished Objects).

If you find a Flosstuber you enjoy you can go back to their first episode and watch all the way through to the present. If you want to be notified when a new episode is posted, you can subscribe and click on the little bell.

Many of them talk a lot at the beginning and throughout their posts so I just fast forward until I see them showing a stitched item.

Some of my favourites are:

and the one that got me hooked on Flosstube:
  • Priscilla and Chelsea Podcast - a mother/daughter team who stitch exclusively on 28ct Monaco cloth, most of which they dye with coffee and tea; very interesting and folksy finishes
At the end of each episode, YouTube's algorithm will start an episode by another Floss Tuber - most often something interesting. Show notes are below the video, just click on the black triangle. Some Flosstubers have weekly giveaways which you enter by leaving a comment.

Everyone has their own particular style of patterns they like but it's a great way to be exposed to things you'e never normally seen.

Not everything in every episode is to my liking but I have learned a lot about techniques and patterns. 

My next blog post will deal with projects I've learned about by watching Flosstube and which I'd like to try myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment