Wednesday 13 February 2019

Scooter's Riddari - Finished!

I put a fan on the sweater so it would dry faster. I released it from the pins and wires today.

The chest measures 36" so it has about 3" of positive ease for Scooter. He likes to wear things fairly close-fitting so with a shirt underneath, this should be about right.
I still need to sew a label in the back
I really LOVE this pattern. It's easy to knit and I do knit to gauge with the called-for needles. I also love the Stone Blue Heather contrasting yarn. It will look smashing with jeans or black pants.

And I knit it in 11 days! Again, so much of it is stocking stitch in the round which goes great with hiding out from the crappy weather we've had.

The modifications were the 8 German short rows across the back and a stretchy bindoff around the collar. It's the one where you do a yarnover wrapping the yarn the other way around the needle.

Now I'm thinking of making one for me with steek stitches so I can 'cardiganize' it. Then all three of us would have matching sweaters! Hmm, a bit too hoaky I think.

This afternoon I started a Sugar Twist Cowl with some Knitpicks Biggo yarn I found in my stash. I have no idea how I acquired it. I might be able to finish the project tonight.

It's been snowing since yesterday. This morning we woke up to all of yesterday's accumulation (which we didn't shovel) plus last night's.

I took this pic of Skip starting up the snowblower at 9:12 this morning.
I went out to help him dig out and after coming back in the house, I took this photo at 10:12am. We also did the neighbours driveway and sidewalk. The snowplow came by while we were out there so we were able to clear the snow it left at the bottom of the driveway.
It was a good workout. I'm certainly going to feel it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment