Sunday 2 June 2019

Cunningham III

I finished the most recent Cunningham blanket the other day. I had actually finished it a few weeks ago but had to improvise the last 10 rows or so of the border with a yarn from a different dyelot and I wasn't happy with it. During the excavation of my craft room/office I found the errant 6th ball of Smart (DK superwash) that had gotten misplaced so I ripped out the unmatching yarn and finished it off with the matching yarn.

I blocked the edges by weaving the blocking wires in and out of the border edge every 2 stitches. 
I then pull firmly and pin to open out all the lace and measure to make sure the edges are all the same length so it's square.
I do enjoy knitting this as the pattern is pretty easy and it goes quickly for me.
 
After it's dry and I pull out the wires, the bumps where I wove the wires in and out are visible. They are easily smoothed out with steam from my iron and smoothing with my fingers.

I think every baby should have a nice knitted item. So far the parents of the previous recipients have been very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment