Sunday 9 June 2019

"The Beast" is Done

I finally finished the i-cord edging on my big sock yarn blanket aka 'The Beast'.
Using dps I cast on 3 sts and picked up a 4th on the wrong side of the blanket. Then *slid the stitches to the other end of the needle and knit 2 then k2tog. Then I picked up the next stitch on the edge and repeated from * until I made it all the way around to where I started.
Doing it from the wrong side makes the i-cord stand up on the right side.

At largest dimensions, it is 10 across and 14 down or 40" x 56" - plenty big to nap under.
I did use up a lot of sock yarn but still have lots left so I continue to work on my Excavation blanket. I hope to make it at least 36" wide before starting the decreases. I may also add rows to make it rectangular by casting on at one edge and decreasing at the other for a foot or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment