Saturday 22 June 2019

Just Bee

I've had this stitched for quite a while and only fully finished them last weekend. They were my contribution to the Trillium Guild's TATA (Trillium Annual Themed Award).

They're two of the Just Bee smalls from Hands On Design.
The pinkeep was mounted on foam core with a plain fabric on the back.
Coordinating cotton chenille trim was included with the pattern and was attached with white-headed pins.
I made the twisted cord for the pin cusion with the darkest grey floss colour and white. The bee charm also came with the pattern.
The patterned fabric was a fat quarter from my stash.
I think they're really cute. 

 Marilyn's received the Original Design Award for her exploding box.

Jeanette received the Chart/Adapted Design Award for her Hardanger Trio.

I was the third participant so I received the third award for Technical Merit. With this certificate was a generous gift certificate for Kimat Designs.
I'm still waiting to receive the kit from the designer that wants me to stitch her sample. Hopefully she had time to send it last week. I can't wait to get started on it. Unfortunately it will be a 'stealth' project until the pattern is finally printed and it is released. But if you're curious, it is one of the patterns she's been converting to cross stitch that she talked about on this episode of her FlossTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment