Sunday 23 June 2019

Patriotic Luggage Tag

Scooter is going on an overseas holiday in August so I wanted to make him a luggage tag. I bought the maple leaf fat quarter at The Quilter's Cupboard at their sale on Friday and had the red fabric in my stash.

A business card or address card slides into the bound, vinyl window stitched onto the interfaced, interior fabric.
The buttonhole is centred and is halfway between the border of the vinyl and the end of the tag.
The exterior is the same size as the interior fabric. In this case, I matched the tag strap to the exterior fabric.
It folds in half and the strap goes through the buttonhole on the right, concealing the personal information.
Folded up. the strap loops through the suitcase handle and the rest of the tag is shoved through it. 
With this on his suitcase, he'll easily be able to distinguish it from the many others at the luggage carousel.

I've made one for Skip, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment