Friday 14 June 2019

Dans le Jardin

Skip and I got back from our trip this afternoon. I just went out to the garden to see what all is different from when we left. Not much, it seems. I guess the cool, rainy weather just halted thing yet more.

These violets were a Mother's Day gift from a local breakfast restaurant. They're doing well in the garden by the back door.
The dark peonies have bloomed and will be done soon. With another bunch of rain, the petals will probably drop off.
A few of these rust-coloured irises are in bloom. I don't particularly like them but they're big and an early bloom.
The chives have been in bloom for a couple of weeks now.
Siberian iris are still blooming.
We have several other peony bushes that are in bud so if it ever warms up, they'll bust out.

On our drive through Michigan and southwestern Ontario, I noticed a lot of milkweed plants along the highways and in the medians. I'm hoping lots of monarch butterflies find them. I keep checking the plant around our house but so far, no eggs or larvae. As I customarily find eggs or larvae in the last week of June, the weather has been so cold and rainy, I'm not expecting to find much until into July.

No comments:

Post a Comment