Monday 27 April 2020

Lost My Mojo for a Little While

I needed to do something creative today. Sharon gave me some lovely gold fabric which I thought would go great with some monarch butterfly fabric from my stash.  I also had the zipper in my stash and the fusible interfacing from my Fabricland run last week. I began to make a project bag.

I should have read over my own instructions because I jumped in sewing the wrong pieces to the vinyl and top stitching it before I realized I had screwed up. The fabric was also puckering so I had to pick out the stitches and put on my walking foot. Once I got sorted out, I finished the project bag.
I need to add a zipper pull. 
I picked up a UFO and have almost finished it. I had a dilemma about what colour to substitute for Green Onion which wasn’t really showing up against the background fabric. I picked a grey-ish DMC colour 3072, and I think it shows up a bit better.
I only have one more element to stitch before I’m totally done stitching it. I’m not sure how I will finish this. It would make a nice pillow or pieced with complementary fabric and sewn up as a project bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment