Thursday 30 April 2020

Quarantine KnitAlong

I’ve been participating in Arne and Carlos’ Quarantine KnitAlong. Initially I wanted to challenge myself and double knit three squares. They were nice and squishy and were great for helping me get my double knitting mojo back. But then I wondered what I would do with them. I could have made a pillow but the other side of each square wouldn’t have shown so I abandoned them for a week or so. Also each one took so long to knit, it would take a long time before I had enough to do anything with them.

I finally decided to rip them out and just knit stranded blocks with only take about 1.5h each. I’m using random worsted weight yarn from my stash and 4mm needles.

Over the last couple of days I have knit 7 of them.

Sunflower
Golden Pothos
 Flower
Knit
Home Sweet Home
Flowers
Hug Me Later
I broke down the other day and opened up a jigsaw puzzle that I’ve had but never done in several years - possibly 15 years.

It took me three days. 1000 pieces - Knitting Basket
I used a card table with my yoga mat over it but it barely fit. I had to add another table beside the card table and segregate the different colours onto cookie tins and board place mats to work on the separately. I can see how people become quite obsessed with doing them.

I prefer creating something by stitching, sewing, or knitting but doing the puzzle was a nice change. I’m meeting a couple of stitching friends at a dollar store parking lot today and will be swapping this puzzle for another one with my stitching friend, Siobhan. I will be checking the dollar store to see if they have any pipe cleaners that I can use for nose pieces for masks.

I have several masks that have the crappy elastic. I’m going to pick out the stitches and swap out t-shirt strips for the crappy elastic.

I am STILL waiting for my big order from Teresa and the kit she wants me to stitch for her. Still no updates since April 7. I’m really bummed out because I think she would like to release the pattern in June. If I do get it soon, I’m going to stitch like a fiend to get it to her in time. I also really want the patterns that she also shipped me that are in the same parcel. I have had such problems with mail. I didn’t get a couple of thins that were sent to me in TX. And some of the stuff I ordered in early April wasn’t scheduled to arrive until late May. With so many people shopping online, it has really bogged down Canada Post and the US. Postal Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment