Sunday, 30 August 2026

Taking It Easy Today.

After all the excitement, activity and fun of the last few weeks and days, I spent today totally indulging myself. It was a pyjama day spent finishing listening to an audiobook (Ann Patchett's 'The Dutch House**), sending messages and emails to lots of folks this morning, and this afternoon, making another retreat mat.

I used 70 squares I cut from jelly roll strips. It meant for a lot of sewing but I'm loving the result. The fabric line is 'Hydrangea Passion'.

I had quilted the interior fabric to the batting quite a while ago. I used 6 additional squares to make the lined pocket. Two other strips in the roll were perfect for the binding.
Of course I added my little 'logo'.
This is the back of it. The finished size is 19 1/2" x 13 1/2"This design would also work great for a folio with interior pockets - some of them with zippers. I still have a couple of jelly rolls I could use for this.
I have no idea when or where I purchased this 'fabric roll'.

Looking back in my archives (blog) I see I used some of the strips to make Poppy a project bag back in 2002.

The case for my new iPhone 17 Pro arrived on Friday. The corners look extra durable. My previous phone had more of a silicone case which protected it very well - even when the phone was dropped.
I went for a really pretty case that also came with a screen protector. I haven't installed the screen protector yet as it involved more steps than I had the bandwidth for that day.

Isn't is pretty?
I haven't fully figured out all the capabilities of the new phone so will be doing some research. I await receipt of the trade-in kit so I can get the $225 for the old iPhone 12 Pro that I bought myself for my birthday back in 2021.

I forgot to make note of the progress on the Helix sock. The waste yarn for the afterthought heel was inserted (the yellow stitches under the white line) and the stocking stitch foot is underway.
At stitching on Monday, I had to pick out most of what I did on the project I was working on so I switched to 'This Bee's Got Knees' pincushion and filled in the lighter green on the leaves. 

Not sure what I'll work on tomorrow at stitching but it will need to be something I don't have to carefully count.

** this is the second Ann Patchett book I have listened to and enjoyed. The first one was 'Tom Lake' which I particularly enjoyed because of its setting. I like novels like this that develop the story of people in families and how the relationships evolve over the years. I look forward to reading more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment