Tuesday 24 July 2007

Baseball Hall of Fame

Skip, Scooter and I are on our annual road trip. Today we visited the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. It was our second time (and Skip's third). The town of Cooperstown, NY is very small and quite charming. We parked at a lot about a mile outside of town and took a trolley downtown.

After our visit, we drove back towards our motel and stopped in New Hartford, NY at a yarn shop called Indigo Yarns. I bought 3 skeins of Karaoke 50% soy silk/50% wool yarn (colour 278 - Mermaid Mix) to make an entrelac scarf.


The proprietor offered to give me an entrelac pattern for the scarf but couldn't find it. The model she had made up was from "Scarf Style" edited by Pam Allen. I found a pattern myself here on the Freckles & Pearls website. Now that I've knit and re-knit the 'garterlac' bathmat, I feel confident I can tackle the scarf pattern except this time I have to actually purl some rows for entrelac stockinette. I will CO 16 stitches instead of the 24 that the pattern calls for.

I finished another pair of socks for "Afghans for Afghans" from the leftover yarn I had in my stash. I ran out of grey so had to knit the toes in another yarn. I have cast on for another pair from some red yarn from my stash. This project has really given me a lot of practice knitting short row heels. I don't know why I found them so hard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment