Thursday 26 July 2007

"Let's Go, Buffalo"

Today we attended Buffalo Bills' Training Camp at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, NY.


We had a heck of a time finding the parking lot where we could take the shuttle into the college. At one point Skip noted a reticulated bus 3 vehicles ahead of us. We knew that was the kind of bus that is used as a shuttle to the camp. I told him, "Follow that bus and don't let him out of your sight". Sure enough, it lead us to the parking lot.
While Scooter and Skip watched the action on the practice field...

I did some knitting in the bleachers.


I knit (KIP*) on the shuttle bus back to our car. I was working on a sock for "Afghans for Afghans". When I stepped off the bus, a woman came up to me and asked what I was knitting. She also asked about my using one circular needle. I told her it was the "Magic Loop" method and she could look it up on the Internet. I also told her that almost everything I have recently learned about knitting, I learned on the Internet.

After the practice, we drove to Buffalo and had lunch at one of Skip's favourite restaurants - Cracker Barrel.

We took turns 'setting a spell' in the rockers on the porch.


And I continued knitting while Scooter showed off the candy he bought - remember "Pop Rocks"?


*Knitting In Public

No comments:

Post a Comment