Saturday 28 July 2007

Cat's Paw Socks

After surfing the Internet for a pattern for Cat's Paw Socks, I decided to design my own based on lace patterns I saw. I am using the Silky Sock yarn from Adirondack yarns which I purchased last week in New Hartford, NY at Indigo Yarns. I cast on 64 stitches and did K2, P2 ribbing for an inch before starting the pattern. It is going well, however the dye is coming off on my hands! This is the first time I've had that happen with yarn. I will wash them in 'Soak' before wearing them the first time. Hopefully any residual 'loose' dye will wash out. I'm loving the new Addi Turbo Lace needles. I'm using the 2.5mm one.

I ran errands today in preparation for a birthday party we are attending in Keswick tomorrow and also in preparation for my trip to Missouri on Monday. I'm staying at Lorna's tomorrow night so I don't have to get up at an obscenely early time to get to the airport for our 10:30am flight on Monday morning. Once in Kansas City, we're renting a car a driving the 2.5 hours to Columbia, MO.

Chewy #3 seems to be either resting or dead. Scooter thinks he's just getting ready to make its chrysalis. Time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. hi Geri,
    I came across your blog while Googling for a cat's paw sock pattern other than the Dmitri one; just wondering how you got on?
    best wishes from Scotland
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,

    The socks are finished but I haven't rinsed them yet. I won't be buying that yarn again!

    ReplyDelete