Tuesday 29 July 2008

Lucky 13

I finished the Meredith Morioka square on the GAAAA last night and have started the 14th.
















The Suzanne Atkinson square has a church with a spire and cross, a tree, 3 birds and the sun. One Ravelryer, who sounds like she is as non-religious as I, left the spire and the cross out and added an extra bird. Here's her square. I think I'll do the same.(I normally don't steal others' photos but a link to Ravelry wouldn't work for non-Ravelryers).
















I had my third personal training session yesterday. The actual time with the trainer is about 20 min. We discuss how the meal plan has been going, how I'm feeling and what spots on my body ached after the previous workout. Nicole then has me do 10 - 12 reps on each machine at the heaviest weight I can tolerate and I quickly go from one machine to the other. After that I hop on the elliptical trainer and get my heart rate up to 65% - 80% of its maximum rate and do 20 min. of fat-burning cardio. If I didn't dawdle and watch the TV shows in the cardio theatre right to the end, I could be in and out of there in under an hour.

My pants are already starting to feel looser and this morning, I noticed my tummy didn't jiggle when I was walking around in my jammies. That is not to say that it doesn't protrude - I just think the underlying abdominal muscles are tightening. On the scale, it appears I've lost 5 lb. Not eating sugary snacks whenever one feels like it sure makes a difference in one's calorie intake! 16 more pounds to go before my first goal.

Skip and Scooter have gone golfing about 1 1/2 hours from here so will be away until late afternoon. We used to golf at this course when we used to rent a cottage at Friendly Acres from 1999 - 2003. S & S go back there for a round of 18 holes every year and enjoy a good meal in the clubhouse after the game.

It's stitchin' time tonight. And I'll get some more knitting done on the Atkinson square.

No comments:

Post a Comment