Saturday 5 July 2008

Multi-tasking

I've been working on a few projects practically simultaneously. This "Easy Baby Cardigan" is from the Knitting Pure & Simple website. And it was a really easy top-down, raglan pattern with no seams! I used the Hot Pink (880) colourway.

(click on photo to 'embiggen')













I did the buttonband and buttonhole bands after finishing the body because I liked the look of it better than doing the garter stitches as I go along. I also did a 3/4" ribbed collar first but later decided to pick up the cast on stitches and do a couple of inches of moss stitch on the collar to match the moss stitch edgings. I now need a yellow, a green and a blue button. I will definitely use this pattern again.

The yarn, Naturally Magic Garden Buttons, was nice to work with. And I used slightly more than 2 balls. I will knit a hat with the rest.
















I haven't done much on the Morioka square on my afghan for a couple of days as I've been trying to finish the baby cardigan.

Martina got some new baby yarn into Kniterary, Naturally Classic Prints 4ply. I'm knitting a little sweater from Pattern K578 for a store sample. I'm almost done the back. The yarn is 100% washable wool and is lovely and squishy.

1 comment: