Sunday 7 September 2008

Ready to Go

I'm all packed and ready to head to Lorna's. Francey flew into Toronto from Atlanta earlier today. We will spend (some of) the night at Lorna's and rise at an ungodly hour to make our 6:25am flight to Halifax. We'll be on the ground there by about 9:30am. After we pick up our rental car, we'll head northward to NB and then make our way across the Confederation Bridge to Prince Edward Island (or Spud Island, as I like to call it).

I have remembered all my electronic devices, GPS, iPod, ASUS laptop, camera and all the required USB and power cords. I packed very light(ly?) and my suitcase only weighs 13kg - well below the 20kg allowance. My backpack is loaded with knitting projects and other essentials.

I'm taking three knitting projects: the Norwegian Woods shawl, a pair of grey 2x2 ribbed socks and a modified Fiona Ellis scarf called 'Practice Makes Perfect'. It's a cable exercise which will get me primed for the class I'm taking with her on September 27 at Kniterary. I'm using nice, squishy 70%merino/30%wool SRK Perth yarn in a lovely bright red.
















As the pattern calls for 5 balls and I only have 3, I am casting on 40 stitches instead of 60 and will knit 8 stitches of moss stitch on each side (instead of 6) and only do the 24-stitch pattern once instead of twice as the pattern calls for.

It's time for dinner and then I'll be on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment